“Great information that impacts and changes lives.”
-Hamilton County Educator
The Stewards of Children program is designed for organizations that serve children and youth, and adults interested in protecting children.
Two hours of CEUs are available for this training.
This two-hour curriculum is an evidence-informed sexual abuse prevention training program that educates adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
The curriculum is designed for organizations who are:
- Seeking evidence-based training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse
- Responding to insurance requirements regarding child protection
The program includes:
- An interactive workbook for each participant containing the full program curriculum
- A DVD integrating segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing and from professionals who interface daily with the problem of sexual abuse
- Discussion about sexual abuse prevention within organizations that serve children and adolescents
Participants of Stewards of Children will:
- Understand that adults are responsible for the protection of children
- Understand the importance of screening staff/volunteers who work with children and adolescents
- Understand the importance of a well conceived one-adult/one-child policy
- Have resources to react responsibly to incidents of child sexual abuse